Frequently Asked Questions

Tenant Information

What are your office hours?

Our office is open from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.30pm.

Who do I contact for urgent repairs outside of office hours?

Mr Electrix

0423 005 599

Budget Locksmith

0404 490 179

Choice Plumbing

0416 043 559

Smoke Alarms Australia

Beeping Support Line 1300 652 213

How do I apply for a rental property?

All applications need to submitted online via 2Apply. If you are not familiar with the platform, you will need to set up a profile with all your documents and references. We have a step-by-step guide available here to help you set up an account.

Once your profile is set up, click here to access our current listing and apply for the property you are intestered in. Make sure to complete your application in full as incomplete or inaccurate information can delay the process.

If you are looking to move into an existing tenancy, please contact the Property Manager who will send you a 2Apply link where you can submit your application.

What is a rental bond?

Once your lease is signed, your bond will be lodged with Rental Bonds Online and held as security against any outstanding rent or damage. You will receive confirmation from Rental Bonds Online once it has been lodged, where they will provide your Rental Bond Registration Number.

Your bond will be refunded to you at the end of your tenancy, once the property is fully vacated less any deductions that may be agreed upon.

What is a condition report?

Upon moving in you will receive a condition report which you will need to check, make any additional comments on, sign and return a copy to us within seven days. This is to ensure that the pre-existing state of the property is accurately detailed. When you vacate, it is your responsibility to leave the property in the same condition in which you entered it, fair wear and tear excepted.

Do I need insurance as a tenant?

It is not a requirement, however we recommend getting contents insurance in order to safeguard your household items and personal belongings in the event of loss or damage. 

Who is responsible for electricity, gas & telephone services?

It is your responsibility to have all services at the property placed in your name and to arrange a final meter reading prior to vacating (unless these are included in your agreement).

If you are unsure of who to use, we recommend using Move Me In to help compare and connect your utility services.

How do I report repairs & maintenance?

To report a repair or maintenance request, please contact your property manager via email or through the Repair Request form. Make sure you include as much information and photos where possible. Your Property Manager will attend to all repairs as promptly as possible - however, in many instances it will be necessary to obtain the owner's approval for quotes to be obtained before any work can commence.

For urgent repairs during office hours, you must call your property manager or the office on 9327 7404.

Please note, any repairs that the tenant arranges outside of office hours will be at the tenant's expense unless it is deemed to be under valid urgent circumstances.

What happens if I am locked out?

If you are locked out during office hours, please call the office on 9327 7404 to check if we have a set available for you to borrow. If keys are unavailable, you will need to arrange a locksmith at your own cost. 

If outside of office hours, you will need to contact our after-hour locksmith. All locksmiths costs associated with re-entry are the responsibility of the tenant.

In the event of lost keys, it is the tenant's responsibility to get them replaced and to provide a copy to the office as soon as possible.

How often will you conduct inspections?

We conduct an initial property inspection 3 months after commencement of the lease. Thereafter, routine inspections will be made every 6 months. You will receive minimum 14 days written notice prior to the scheduled inspection day.

Can I have a pet at my property?

For current tenants, please submit a request via email to your property manager. You will need to advise what type of pet, breed, age and other relevant information prior to obtaining the pet. Your property manager will pass this onto the owner for approval.

If you are applying for one of our properties, you will need to include the details of your pet on your application for the owner's approval.

How do I terminate my lease?

You must submit written notice to your property manager, specifying the date that property will be vacant.
This can be done via email to your property manager or through the Notice to Vacate form.

Minimum notice period required depends on the type of agreement you are on.

  • Fixed-term agreement: You are required to to give a minimum 14 days' notice. This notice can be given up to and including the last day of the fixed term.
  • Periodic agreement: If your fixed-term agreement has already ended, you are required to give a minimum 21 days' notice.
  • Breaking a fixed-term agreement early: Notify your property manager as soon as possible. You will incur the break lease costs stipulated in your agreement.